AVE (Adaptive Viewing Experience) Publishing installs a plugin into your InDesign menu with two panels:
- : the panel used to manage InDesign documents used for AVE publishing. You manage your separate InDesign articles from within this panel.
- : the panel used to add enrichments to any InDesign frame object.
AVE is an XML based format. The final container is a ZIP archive, .ZAVE extension, containing XML data describing the structure of the document, its content, and enrichments (interactive features). The container (ZAVE) also holds all the media used by the document such as: images, videos, PDFs, HTML archives, as well as any other resources referenced by the document.
AVE is a dedicated format for hybrid content: text, media, interactive content, games, etc. with two formats: AVE Mag and AVE PDF.
All Aquafadas authoring tools are able to export in AVE format.
The AVE projects are created on the following workflow:
- Create/Modify the project. For further details, see the section called “Create an AVE MAG/AVE PDF Project”.
- Generate the project in different formats: .ZAVE, ePub and/or WebReader. For further details, see the section called “Generate and export the project”.
- Test the project. For further details, see the section called “Test the project”.
- Retrieve the project. For further details, see the section called “Retrieve the project”.