Next Gen App options
When you first create a Store Model in Cloud Connect, you set a default language. Depending on the localization of your device and the languages of your Store Models, the Store Model displayed is either the one by default, or the one of the localization.
Language switch in Cloud Connect
To have a multilingual Next Gen App you have to configure it in Cloud Connect.
First you need to add the languages to the Store Model.
Add languages to the Store Model in Cloud Connect
- Connect to Cloud Connect.
- Click on the in the S menu to access the Store Models list.
- Select the Store Model and click on the tab.
- Add the languages of your choice in the field.
- Click on the button.
After adding the languages, you can create Store Models by language and then switch between them.
- To display the content in another language than the default language, you have to prepare your content:
- generate the .ZAVE files in the correspondent language,
- re-create the Issues/Titles/Categories as for the default ones.
To change the language by default, click in theand select the new language.
To delete a language, click on the X in thefield.
This option allows you to share the application or specific content on the social networks. You can activate this option in real time in Cloud Connect.
Activate Social Sharing in Cloud Connect
- Connect to Cloud Connect.
- Click on the tab, then on the item.
- Check the box on the top to share the application on social networks.
- Fill in the URL of the application for each platform you want to share the application.
- Check the box at the bottom if you want to share a specific issue.
- Click on the button to save and update the information in the application.
An icon for sharing will appear on the header of the application.
Connect to different social networks to make appear the icons in the social sharing menu.
A Graphical User Interface (GUI) is a type of interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and visual indicators.
The GUI helps you customize the header bar of your reader in the application in order to standardize it for all your previous and future applications.
All .ZAVE files, created in InDesign or Cloud Authoring, have a GUI by default.
If you want to customize the GUI for the whole content in the application, to add the Clipping, Share, Research options, and use the customized GUI:
- Customize the GUI in InDesign Authoring or Cloud Authoring.
- Extract the GUI.xml file from the .ZAVE file.
This feature requires the user to authenticate in order to access a certain content.
This option is available in Cloud Connect/Titles/Issues/Metadata and you can activate it in real time. It is available only for free content.
Before activating this option in Cloud Connect, the view of the content in the application is similar to this:
After activating the option in Cloud Connect, the view of the content in the application is similar to this:
Notifications by Title
This option gives the possibility to users to filter the reception of notifications by titles.
You can activate this option in AppFactory:
Users will get a pop-up notification, when opening the application, to allow or not the notifications.
If users want to change the status for notifications by title, they can do it in the application, in themenu.